Michael Symon's Watermelon Feta Salad
Michael Symon shares his delicious summer salad recipe that can help decrease your belly bloat.
Watermelon--as evidenced by its name--has a very high water content, which makes it great for detoxing your system. All you need is one cup of watermelon a day in order to start burning fat and keep your bloating at bay.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp minced shallot
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chiffonade
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 oz red seedless watermelon, cut in to 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup crumbled greek feta cheese
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced scallions, white and green parts
- 2 tbsp toasted sliced almonds
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, garlic, shallot, mint, and olive oil. Season with salt and give it a taste.
Add the watermelon to the vinaigrette and toss to evenly coat. Gently fold in the feta and scallions then serve, sprinkling the toasted almonds over the top.