Gluten-Free Potato Lasagna
This lasagna recipe is a gluten-free spin on an Italian go-to.
Substitute your noodles for potatoes in this gluten-free lasagna. This healthier version of the Italian classic is a great way to try a new recipe, and be conscious of your health. Kids will love it too!
- 2 red bliss potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, packed
- 12 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2/3 jar tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large saucepot, bring salted water to a boil. Fill a separate bowl with ice water and set aside.
3. Drop the sliced potatoes into the boiling water and cook for about 3 minutes until the potatoes are slightly tender. Remove from the water and immediately immerse in the ice water. Set aside in the water.
4. Heat the olive oil and garlic in a sauté pan over medium-high heat until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
5. Add the zucchini, mushrooms, and spinach. Season with salt and pepper and sauté until the liquid has come out of the vegetables and evaporated, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
6. In a bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, parsley, and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
7. Drain the potatoes and lay them out on a kitchen towel and pat dry.
8. Wrap the outside of three 4-inch spring form pans with aluminum foil. Place a spoonful of sauce in the bottom of each pan, then a single layer of potatoes, followed by a layer of vegetables, and a layer of the cheese filling. Repeat the process with sauce, potatoes, vegetables, and cheese. Top with another layer of sauce and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
9. Place the three pans on a large sheet pan and bake for 45 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly.
10. Remove from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes. Remove the outside rings and serve.
Recipe from Gluten-Free Family Favorites: The 75 Go-To Recipes You Need to Feed Kids and Adults All Day Every Day, copyright © Kelli and Peter Bronski, 2014. Reprinted by permission of the publisher, The Experiment. Available wherever books are sold. theexperimentpublishing.com/