This Paleo burger is perfect for lunch or dinner.
The delicious taste of this burger will have you forgetting that it’s a Paleo dish. The mushrooms act as juicy buns, while the patty on the inside is an all-American beef burger. Try switching this burger out for your normal one to incorporate some paleo in your diet.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 portobello mushrooms, stem removed
- 1 egg
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 onion slices
- fresh lettuce
- homemade ketchup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
1. Preheat your grill/pan to medium-high.
2. In a bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Shape the ground beef into 4 large patties.
4. Rub the portobello mushroom with oil and season to taste.
5. Grill the burgers, covered, for 4 to 7 minutes on each side.
6. Grill the portobello mushroom for 4 to 6 minutes on each side at the same time.
7. Serve the burger on the portobello mushrooms topped with bacon, ketchup, tomato, onion, and lettuce.