Pumpkin Quinoa Soup
Check out this recipe for a easy and light lunchtime option.| By Ulli Stachl
Feeling lazy? This pumpkin quinoa soup is easy to make and is high in nutrients, such as vitamin A and potassium. While this soup is low in calories, it contains a lot of fiber to keep you fuller, longer.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 pinch salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 tbsp pumpkin seed oil (optional)
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
1. In a medium size pot, combine the broth and pumpkin puree. Cook until hot.
2. Stir in the quinoa and warm until soup is hot again. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
3. If desired, serve the soup topped with pumpkin seed oil and pumpkin seeds.