Black Bean Burger With Avocado
A healthy spin on a classic burger.
This recipe is vegetarian-friendly, light, and delicious. It is a highly nutritious and low-sodium burger alternative that won't leave your blood pressure soaring high.
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small Hass avocado
- 1 whole wheat burger bun
- black pepper
1. With a fork, mash black beans with a bowl until pasty.
2. Chop (preferably in food processor) the vegetables and add them to the bean mixture. Add seasonings, cornmeal, and egg to the mixture and mix in.
3. Form into burger patties and place on an oiled frying pan or baking sheet. Fry until each side is crispy, or bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until desired.