Turnip French Fries
Make room on your plate and try out this healthier fry alternative recipe!
The most unhealthy part about fries is not the carbs and potatoes but rather the frying and frying oil. Give these baked veggie alternatives a try as a delicious side to any meal!
- 1 lb turnips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Peel turnips and cut into 1/2-inch sticks.
3. Coat turnips with coconut oil (or olive oil) and spices, making sure turnips are tossed well. Spread turnips in single layer over a parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping at 15 minutes.
5. Increase heat to 450°F and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Serve immediately.