Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Sunny Tuscan Dressing
Try this bright, flavorful recipe for salad dressing from Dr. Joel Fuhrman.
Dr. Fuhrman believes it's best to start your mornings with a salad to help you lose weight. Unlike typical breakfast foods such as muffins and eggs, salads will fill you up and keep you full until lunchtime. Plus, they're packed with tons of vegetables and helpful nutrients to help you maximize your metabolism.
- 1/4 cup dried, unsulfured apricots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 navel orange, peeled
- 2 tbsp unhulled sesame seeds or tahini
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp Lemon Basil Vinegar* or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 scallions (white part only)
1. Soak apricots in 1/2 cup water for 30 minutes.
2. Add apricots and soaking water to a high-powered blender along with remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
Recipes from The End of Heart Disease by Joel Fuhrman, MD. Copyright 2016.