Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Roasted Vegetable Pizza
Skip calling for takeout with this delicious vegan recipe for a roasted vegetable pizza from Dr. Joel Fuhrman.| By Dr. Joel Fuhrman
Get more flavor out of your veggies by roasting them. Roasted veggies make a healthy and delicious topping for homemade pizza. To keep it completely vegetarian, make your own walnut and nutritional yeast "cheese" to sprinkle on top.
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 large portobello mushroom, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash seasoning or Spike no-salt seasoning
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 2 (100% whole grain) tortillas or pita bread
- 1/2 cup no-salt- added or low-sodium pasta sauce
- 1-2 oz nondairy mozzarella cheese or nutritarian Parmesan (see note)
Note: To make Nutritarian Parmesan, place ¼ cup walnuts and ¼ cup nutritional yeast in a food processor and pulse until it resembles the texture of grated Parmesan cheese.
Recipes from The End of Heart Disease by Joel Fuhrman, MD. Copyright 2016.