Grilled Tofu and Mushroom Burger
Enjoy this healthy recipe as a burger alternative.| By Chef Ada
If you're craving a burger but don't want the excess fat and calories, give this delicious tofu burger a try. This flavorful and hearty recipe is the perfect healthy lunch or dinner swap.
- 6 oz firm tofu
- 4 oz mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 oz cheese (your choice)
- 1 oz coriander, chopped
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- whole wheat hamburger buns
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 275°F.
2. In a pan under medium heat sauté the onions, garlic, chilli, and mushrooms. Set aside to cool.
3. Then in a bowl, add the tofu, mushrooms, coriander, and mash together with a fork.
4. Add the egg and flour and mix into a pliable consistency. Adjust seasonings. Form into patties.
5. In a pan under medium heat fry patties on both sides until golden brown. Place in oven for 5 minutes.
6. Place cheese on the burgers, then turn oven off, and let cheese melt over the burger. Serve and enjoy!