Lauren Conrad's Tomato and Watermelon Salad
A beautiful salad recipe that is as delicious as it looks.
The combination of the sweet watermelon, flavorful heirloom tomatoes, and herbs results in a sweet and salty dish that will leave you feeling refreshed. Plus, the salad's bright hues and the pretty, symetrical assembly makes this dish a crowd pleaser, whether you serve it for lunch or as a poolside snack.
- 3 or 4 small to medium heirloom tomatoes, in assorted colors, cored and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 small English or regular cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup 3/4-inch cubed yellow or red seedless watermelon flesh
- 1 Hass avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp chopped mixed fresh herbs, in any combination: basil, tarragon, chives, and cilantro
- 1/4 tsp coriander seed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
1. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, watermelon, avocado, and herbs.
2. In a spice grinder, grind the coriander seeds to a fine powder. Add the ground coriander to the tomato mixture and toss gently.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pour over the tomato mixture and toss to coat evenly.
5. Taste and adjust the seasoning before serving.
Recipe via LaurenConrad.com.