Orange-Glazed Salmon With Olive Quinoa
This citrus-flavored salmon recipe is perfect for dinner any day of the week.
Cheryl “Salt” James' omega-3 power meal features one of her favorite foods — salmon! Coated in a citrus marinade with maple syrup, Dijon mustard, garlic, and of course, salt and pepper, this fish dish is more than your ordinary dinner entree. Pair it with a serving of quinoa or your favorite whole grain.
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3/8 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 2 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 1 tsp fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Combine 2/3 cup water, quinoa, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 13 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in parsley, olives, and pine nuts.
3. While quinoa cooks, arrange fillets, skin side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, syrup, rind, juice, Dijon, garlic, and pepper in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Spread orange mixture evenly over fillets. Broil salmon 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Serve fillets with quinoa mixture.