The New Green Detox Soup for Weight Loss
Get the dietitian-approved green detox soup that's loaded with healthy nutrients.
Registered dietitan Ashley Koff modified the popular green detox soup and added healthy add-ons like plant-based protein, healthy fats, and antioxidants for a soup you can enjoy multiple times a day without worrying about your waistline.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp diced onion
- 3 cups broccoli
- 1/2 lb spinach leaves
- 2 parsnips, peeled, cored, chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, trimmed, chopped
- 1 handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- fresh water, as needed
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- lemon or lime juice
- 2 tbsp plant-based protein per serving like cashews, lentils, hemp seeds, or almonds
- 1/2 cup frozen berries, chopped sweet potato chunks, or chopped carrots per serving
1. Fry the garlic and onions in a stockpot.
2. Add water and chopped ingredients to pot.
3. Boil until soft.
4. Pour into a blender to blend together or use an immersion blender in the pot.
5. Ladle soup into bowls and add 2 tablespoons of a plant-based protein, like cashews, lentils, hemp seeds, or almonds, and a half-cup of color, like frozen berries, chopped sweet potato chunks, or chopped carrots to each serving.