Ice Cream Hack
Try this recipe and marvel at how easy it is to make your own custom ice cream.
Never again will you need to fuss with two separate cartons of ice cream to make a single bowl. Churn out your own blend from scratch with this quick and easy ice cream hack from Chef James DiStefano from The Institute of Culinary Education. Start with coconut milk and add anything else you’d like.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 oz maple syrup
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
1. Shake a can of coconut milk.
2. Pour coconut milk into an ice cube tray or onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and place tray or baking sheet in the freezer.
3. Once frozen, break the coconut milk on the sheet into small pieces or empty the cubes into a blender. Use a blender or food processor to blend the frozen coconut milk chunks until they've reached the consistency of ice cream.
4. Pour your ice cream base (the blended cubes) into a bowl. Now, add whatever you’re in the mood for. If you’re indecisive, try a blend of maple syrup, fresh strawberries, or chopped pineapple.