Coconut Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Peas
Make the ultimate veggie side dish with this recipe.| By Ulli Stachl
Brussels sprouts and peas are a perfect bitter and sweet combination. Plus they are packed with vitamins and nutrients to keep you healthy. Try adding coconut to add a unique flavor to the dish and serve alongside any meats, fish, or starches for a perfectly balanced dinner.
- 1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- 1 lb small Brussels sprouts (or halved larger ones)
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 10 oz bag frozen sweet peas, defrosted
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large saute pan. Add the sprouts and cook undisturbed for three to four minutes until they start browning a bit and get crispy edges. Make sure they are not crowded in the pan so they brown instead of steam.
2. Stir in salt, pepper, peas, and coconut flakes. Continue cooking for a few more minutes until the peas are heated through.
3. Serve and enjoy!