Spinach and Black Bean Brownies
Sneak your veggies into your dessert with this clever (and tasty!) recipe.| By Ulli Stachl
It can be hard to get the recommended amount of fruit and vegetable servings into your day. This trick recipe helps you make delicious brownies that are also nutritious. Spinach contains high levels of iron and magnesium, which are both healthy for your body.
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups (packed) baby spinach
- 1 tsp lemon oil extract
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Grease an 8-x-8-inch baking pan and line it with parchment paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. In a strong blender or food processor puree all the ingredients except the chocolate chips. Pour batter into a prepared baking dish, swirl in chocolate chips, and bake for 30–35 minutes.
4. Let the brownies cool completely before cutting them into small squares.