Single-Serve Mac ‘n Cheese
Indulge in mac 'n cheese with this healthy recipe.
The secret to this totally diet-friendly version of mac 'n cheese? The carrot-sweet potato blend and cauliflower florets that add both volume and nutrition to the meal — so you get to eat more!
Recipe from: Sneaky Blends, Supercharge Your Health with More Than 100 Recipes Using the Power of Purees
- 3/4 cup cooked whole grain rotini pasta
- 1/3 cup carrot-sweet potato blend
- 1 egg white
- 1/8 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 oz goat cheese
- 1 tbsp low-fat milk
- 1 heaping tbsp sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower florets
- pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients** except the Parmesan together.
3. Pour into an oven-proof bowl, sprinkle the Parmesan over the top and bake for 20 minutes, until the top is browned and bubbly.
**Get the recipe for the Carrot-Sweet Potato Blend here.