Avocado Egg Cups
This quick and simple snack is easy on the eyes and heavy on the nutrients.
Loaded with healthy fats, protein, and fiber, this snack is a sight to behold. Mix up the toppings to create an avocado egg cup all your own.
- 2 avocados, ripe
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp grated cheese, such as Parmesan, cheddar, or Swiss
- assorted toppings: herbs, scallions, salsa, diced tomato, crumbled bacon, Sriracha, paprika, crumbled feta
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Halve avocados lengthwise and pit. Cut a very thin slice from bottom of each avocado half so that it sits level. Where the pit was, scoop out just enough of the flesh (about ½ tbsp) to make room for an egg.
2. Place avocados on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Season each with salt and pepper, and rub with olive oil.
3. Crack an egg into each cavity (some of the egg white will run over the side, but don't worry about it). Sprinkle with cheese, if using. Cover loosely with foil.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until eggs are set to your liking. Sprinkle with toppings.