The 21-Day Weight Loss Breakthrough Diet Bean Chili
Get your daily dose of protein with this recipe.
The 21-Day Weight Loss Breakthrough Diet will increase your energy levels and, despite all the beans, minimize bloating. The best part is you don't need to sacrafice good food and flavor on the plan: this recipe for bean chili proves just that.
- 1 1/2 cups bell pepper (any color), chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp canned chipotle chile, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 can (15.5 oz) can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, canned no-salt-added
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1. Cook bell peppers and white mushrooms with onion in olive oil in a pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Add garlic cloves, chili powder, chipotle chile, and cumin into the pot and cook for about one minute. Stir in black beans and diced tomatoes.
3. Simmer until flavors develop, about 10 minutes.
4. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve. To keep for later in the week, divide and transfer to two containers and keep chilled. Enjoy!