Slow Cooker Brisket
Warm up during the winter months with this hearty recipe.| By Ulli Stachl
Slow cookers are great to use to cook meat, sides, and full dishes with ease. Give this melt-in-your-mouth brisket a try by simply prepping it before work -- by the time you get home it will be ready for you and your family to eat.
- 3 lb beef brisket
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 3 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup broth
1. Wipe the brisket and rub with salt and pepper. Heat a large cast iron pan and brown the brisket for 5 minutes per side. Remove the beef and add to your slow cooker.
2. Add the oil to the same pan you had used for the brisket and on medium low, stir in the onions and cook for about 15 minutes, until they start to caramelize.
3. Spread the mustard over the top of the brisket, then top with the chopped garlic and finish off with the onions. Cover the pot and cook on low for six hours until the meat is very tender and almost falls apart.