Cornmeal, Almond, and Yogurt Pancakes
Whip up healthy and hearty pancakes with this recipe.
These pancakes are made with almond flour and cornmeal which means they're the perfect gluten-free breakfast. The added Greek yogurt increases the protein content to keep you full until lunch.
- 1/4 cup stone ground yellow cornmealstone ground yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 eggs separated, plus 1 egg white
1. In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix the cornmeal, almond flour, salt, yogurt, maple syrup and egg yolks.
2. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form.
3. Gently combine the eggs and flour mix with the egg whites.
4. In a greased medium hot skillet, portion out the batter into small pancakes. Cook for a few minutes per side, until golden brown.