Hearty Sprouted Bread and Tomato Salad
Simple and delicious, this hearty sprouted bread and tomato salad recipe is perfect any day.| By Ulli Stachl
Jam-packed with vitamin C, this tomato salad is a colorful and nutritious topping for hearty sprouted grain bread. Enjoy this simple meal as a quick and easy lunch or snack any day of the week.
- 5 slices sprouted grain bread, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing on the toast
- 2 cloves garlic, cut into halves
- 4 large, ripe tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper
1. Brush the bread with a little olive oil and toast until golden.
2. Thoroughly rub the halved garlic over the toast until it is well covered with flavor and transfer to a large bowl.
3. Squeeze the tomatoes to release some of their juices over the bread before adding them to the bread.
4. Toss in the green peppers, onions, cucumber, and basil leaves with the vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper until all are well combined.
5. Let the salad sit for several hours before serving so all the flavors can fully develop.