Try out this trendy toast recipe.
Unicorn toast is a colorful breakfast trend that has gone viral on the Internet. Creator of this toast trend, Adeline Waugh, simply made it by mixing cream cheese with different natural dyes such as beet juice and turmeric root to create vivid colors. Give this recipe a try and make sure to take a picture of your beautifully colorful breakfast.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Vibrant & Pure
- 1 tsp beet juice
- 1-inch knob turmeric root
- 3 drops of chlorophyll
- 1/4 tsp spirulina powder
- 1 tbsp freeze dried blueberries
- 1 tbsp freeze dried strawberries or raspberries
- 1 slice of whole grain bread
- 12 tbsp cream cheese
1. Divide the cream cheese into six bowls with two tablespoons of cream cheese in each.
2. Mix each ingredient in a different bowl. Beet juice creates hot pink, turmeric creates orange or yellow, chlorophyll creates light green, spirulina powder creates light blue, blueberries create purple, and strawberries or raspberries create light pink.
3. Once all the colors have been created, toast your bread and spread on the different colors. Get creative with color combos and designs!
**Note: Before mixing the freeze dried fruit into the cream cheese, put the berries in a plastic bag and smash them to create a powder.