Immune-Boosting Pink Latte
This new twist to a traditional latte recipe will keep you energized and healthy!
This immune-boosting latte contains a special ingredient that will keep you awake and fight inflammation, all without a single drop of coffee included. So, what is the magic ingredient? Beets! Beets are known for their vibrant pink color and are high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1 medium beet, peeled
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Roast the beet in aluminum foil for 30 minutes.
2. Add beet, honey, nutmeg, ginger, and 1 cup of almond milk into a blender and pulse until beet mixture becomes smooth.
3. Take the beet mixture and heat it in a pot until it comes to a boil. Once boiling, take off the fire and strain.
4. Take the strained liquid and put into two cups. Blend 1/2 cup of almond milk until foamy.
5. Add foamed milk on top of each beet drink to create a latte. Top with a dash of ginger and nutmeg and enjoy!