Carrot-Ginger Soup With Chicken
Make a quick dinner with this carrot chicken soup recipe.
Upgrade your basic carrot soup with this flat belly-friendly recipe. Anti-inflammatory ginger adds zing while lean chicken adds protein and keeps you satisfied. It's a delicious lunch or dinner option for anyone on the Monday Dieter plan.
Recipe from Dr. Oz The Good Life
- 2 thyme sprigs, plus leaves for garnish
- 3 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- coarse salt
1. Bring 1 cup water and the thyme sprigs to a boil in a saucepan. Add chicken, and cover. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove chicken, reserving liquid, and keep chicken warm, covered.
2. Puree carrots with cooking liquid, lime juice, ginger, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a blender until smooth. Return to saucepan, and bring to a simmer, adding 2 tablespoons water at a time until soup is the consistency you like.
3. Shred chicken. Ladle soup into a bowl, and top with shredded chicken. Garnish with thyme leaves, and season with more pepper.