Escape to a warmer place with this tropical seafood recipe.
Coconut shrimp is super easy to make and delicious to eat. It's easiest to prepare this dish with shrimp that have tails, but you can use shelled shrimp if you prefer.
- 1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- 1 1/2 lbs extra jumbo shrimp
- 2 tbsp unsweetened, grated coconut
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp grated lime zest
- 2 tbsp lime juice
1. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan on medium-high and cook the shrimp undisturbed for two to three minutes until they start to brown a bit. Make sure the shrimp are not crowded in the pan, otherwise they steam rather than brown. If necessary, cook them in batches.
2. Once nicely browned, flip the shrimp and cook, depending on their size, another two to three minutes on the other side.
3. Sprinkle with the grated coconut, lime zest, and lime juice and serve over a bed of rice, with pasta, or over some sautéed veggies.
**Note: Calorie count is only for the shrimp, not the optional side dishes.