Compound Lime Butter
Enliven your everyday butter with this recipe.
This refreshing citrus butter is a flavorful topping on a variety of foods, including steamed vegetables, lean meats, and fish. You could also keep it simple and use it as a cracker or toast spread.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp sea salt
1. In a medium bowl, mix the butter with parsley, lime juice, garlic, lime zest, and salt until well incorporated.
2. Transfer to a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a log. Wrap in aluminum foil and keep in your freezer until needed.
Yields 1 cup.