Rocco DiSpirito's Swiss Chard Turkey Salad With Golden Raisins and Capers
Move over chicken salad! Try this turkey and Swiss chard salad recipe for a change.
Does your go-to salad look a little sad and wilty by the time you pull it out of the fridge during your lunch break? Chef Rocco DiSpirito has the solution you've been looking for! This Swiss chard and turkey salad not only holds up well throughout the day but also provides the fiber, protein, and fat you need to refuel for the afternoon ahead.
Recipe from: The Negative Calorie Diet by Rocco DiSpirito.
- 1/4 cup chopped golden raisins
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped capers, plus 1 tsp caper brine
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 6 cups chopped Swiss chard, stems cut very thin
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 oz store-roasted skinless turkey breast, shredded
- 1 chopped avocado (optional)
1. Combine the raisins in a microwave-safe bowl with the 2 tablespoons water. Cook on high in the microwave until simmering, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Remove from the microwave and let stand for 2 minutes.
2. Put the lemon juice, capers and brine, and almonds in a small bowl and season with black pepper. Add the raisins, their soaking liquid, the onion, and the tomatoes and mix well.
3. In a large bowl, combine the Swiss chard, olive oil, and turkey and toss well. Add the mixture from the small bowl and toss together to combine. Spoon the salad onto four salad plates, dividing it equally. If using, top the salad with the chopped avocado and serve.