Carrot and Chickpea Veggie Burger
Lose the guilt with this veggie-packed burger recipe.
Most Americans don’t get the daily recommended amount of fiber, but you can make easy swaps at dinnertime to help boost your numbers! Animal proteins contain no fiber but beans can pack a lot of fiber — you can replace any ground meat in recipes with beans. Put them in chili, on salad, or in this tasty burger recipe, courtesy of Buzzfeed.
- 15 1/2 oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 whole wheat burger buns
- tomato slices
- butter lettuce leaves
- red onion slices
- avocado slices
1. In a food processor, combine chickpeas, oats, carrots, red onion, egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil. Blend just until combined.
2. Add lemon juice and blend again until well combined.
3. Scoop the mixture using a 1/3-cup measuring cup and form patty in your hands.
4. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook the patty 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
5. Assemble with your favorite burger toppings, like tomato and red onion slices, and enjoy!