Classic Chicken Broth
This staple recipe is a great base for any soup or stew.
Need a quick chicken broth base for your recipes? Save time by using a store-bought rotisserie chicken and this recipe adapted from YouTube personality Sara Lynn Cauchon, also known as "The Domestic Geek". You'll have a flavorful stock in as little as ten minutes!
- 1 chicken carcass
- 4 carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into quarters
- 1 garlic bulb, cut in half to expose cloves
- 10 parsley sprigs
- 2 thyme sprigs
- salt, to taste
1. Place all ingredients in a large Dutch oven or pot and cover with water. Simmer as long as you can, up to 3 hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Carefully, strain the broth and allow to cool.
3. Once cooled completely, the fat will harden on the surface of the broth. If you do not want to use it, remove fat using a slotted spoon. Enjoy!