Doctor Oz's "Drachos"
This healthy hybrid recipe combines nachos and fruit!
There’s a new healthy hybrid in town that’s trending with healthy eaters everywhere. Whether you’re paleo, vegan, or just want to try a lighter snack, these fruity nachos are sure to please. The best part is that they are totally customizable -- just add your favorite fresh or dried fruit and nuts on top!
- 3 apples, sliced into rings
- 3 tsp nut butter, such as cashew or almond
- 2 oz dark chocolate pieces, or cacao nibs
- dried fruit
- nuts and seeds
1. Cut the apples into rings and remove the cores.
2. Scoop the nut butter into a microwave-safe dish. Microwave for 30 seconds, or until slightly melted.
3. Arrange the apple slices on a plate. Drizzle with the melted nut butter and top with the dark chocolate and your preferred dried fruits, nuts, seeds, and fresh fruit. Enjoy!