Pegan 365 Spaghetti Squash With Roasted Garlic and Tomatoes
Swap pasta for spaghetti squash with this healthy recipe.
Pegan 365 limits the amount of carbs that you can have on a daily basis. Instead of wasting a carb serving and calories on pasta, try out this spaghetti squash alternative. Topped with delicious homemade sauce, you won't even miss regular pasta.
Recipe from Rosane Oliveira, DVM, PhD
- 1 spaghetti squash, medium
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth, no salt added
- 1/2 15 oz can artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 1/2 15 oz can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 clove roasted garlic, sliced
- 1/4 onion, large, minced
- 1 oz black olives, sliced
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. To prepare spaghetti squash, preheat oven to 400°F, then slice squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place squash on a roasting pan with a little water to cover the bottom, then cook for 30-45 minutes or until tender.
2. Begin preparing the sauce by heating a pan on medium-high heat. Add onions stirring until golden brown. Add half of the broth to pan to loosen onion.
3. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium, simmering for eight to 10 minutes.
4. Remove spaghetti squash from the oven and use a fork to pull the squash from the peel. Place in bowl and top with tomato sauce and sliced roasted garlic.