Turkey Meatloaf With Sprouted Grain Bread Crumbs
Make healthier meatloaf with this easy recipe.
Dr. Oz Bite Club member Cathie found a way to make meatloaf a little healthier. She came up with a recipe that uses lean turkey meat instead of ground beef and nutritional sprouted grain bread instead of regular breadcrumbs. Give this recipe a try by purchased sprouted grain bread in your local supermarket in the freezer section.
- 2 slices Ezekiel bread (toasted, then broken into breadcrumbs)
- 1 (20 oz) package ground turkey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sauté onion in coconut oil until soft and translucent. Add minced garlic and continue to sauté until fragrant. Set aside until cool.
3. Add remaining ingredients to bowl with onion and garlic mixture. Mix until well combined.
4. Add a drop of coconut oil to the bottom of a loaf pan to prevent sticking. Place meatloaf mixture in the loaf pan.
5. Cook uncovered for 50 minutes.
6. Lightly add ketchup on top of cooked loaf and serve.