Bobby Flay's Vanilla Bean and Espresso Granola
This snack recipe will give you just the boost you need in the middle of the day!
Enjoy all the flavors and sweetness of your favorite vanilla latte, with a lot more nutrition and no sugar crash. Bobby Flay made this swap in his morning routine with great results! You can even try stirring this yummy granola snack into your yogurt or sprinkling it over your oatmeal. Flay likes to prepackage snack portions in plastic bags for when he's on the go.
Recipe from Bobby Flay Fit: 200 Recipes for a Healthy Lifestyle by Bobby Flay, Stephanie Banyas, and Sally Jackson. Copyright 2017 by Boy Meets Grill, Inc.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 2 tbsp hot coffee
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almonds, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate-covered espresso beans, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, espresso powder, coffee, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla bean seeds, and vanilla extract until combined. In another small bowl, mix together the almonds and oats. Add the almond mixture to the coffee mixture and toss to combine.
3. Transfer to the baking sheet in an even layer and bake for 15 minutes. Stir and then bake for another 10 minutes until lightly golden brown. Remove and let cool completely.
4. Break into small pieces, put in a bowl, and stir in the espresso beans.