Grilled Greek Chicken
Corn oil is the perfect heart-healthy ingredient to add to your favorite meals, so try it out in this delicious chicken recipe!
Beyond the heart-healthy boost provided by plant sterols, cooking with corn oil offers many advantages. This ingredient has an extremely high smoke point, which makes it excellent for marinades, sautéing, and grilling, like in this yummy Greek chicken recipe. The marinade used for the grilled chicken even doubles as a dressing for Greek salad serve alongside it.
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cucumber peeled, quartered, and sliced
- 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Combine oil, vinegar, parsley, oregano, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the mixture for the topping.
2. Place chicken in 1-gallon resealable plastic freezer bag and add marinade, turning to coat. Refrigerate and marinate at least 30 minutes.
3. While chicken is marinating, combine cucumber, tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese in a bowl with the reserved 2 tablespoons marinade. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Remove chicken from marinade and discard any remaining marinade. Grill over direct high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once.
5. Remove to platter and top with Greek topping.