Carrot Cake Cupcakes
This delicious recipe from IntoxiKate uses corn oil to make 24 heart-healthy carrot cake cupcakes!
This cupcake recipe by Kate Schlientz of IntoxiKate showcases the versatility of corn oil. Used to marinate, sauté, pan sear, and create delicious dressings, corn oil also works well in baked goods and yields perfectly moist carrot cake cupcakes. As you try to work corn oil into your meals, don't forget to treat yourself to this incredible dessert choice.
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cup Mazola® corn oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup California gold raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 pound cream cheese
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pound powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, beat the sugar, oil, and vanilla together.
3. Add the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
4. Add the eggs, then fold in the dry ingredients a little at a time. Mix until fully combined.
5. Line your muffin pans with liners. Spoon the batter into the liners until they are about 3/4 of the way full.
6. Bake for 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. While the cupcakes are in the oven, make the frosting! Combine the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in a bowl. Mix.
8. Add the sugar and beat until the frosting is smooth.
9. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool.
10. Frost and serve!