Skillet Chicken, Chili, and Lime
Try this delicious lunch or dinner recipe as part of Dr. Kellyann Petrucci's powerful belly-slimming plan!
In Dr. Kellyann Petrucci's new book, you'll learn a powerful eating strategy that will melt off stubborn belly fat, not just another frustrating diet that makes that task seem impossible. This flavorful, satisfying recipe utilizes Dr. Kellyann's trick of "slim-gestion" herbs and spices that cleanse your gut, ultimately reducing inflammation and fighting bloat, so you can see results quickly and safely. Try it out!
Recipe from The 10-Day Belly Slimdown: Lose Your Belly, Heal Your Gut, Enjoy a Lighter, Younger You by Dr. Kellyann Petrucci
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 4-6 cups cauliflower "rice"
- 2 limes, 1 juiced and 1 cut into wedges for serving
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
1. In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, garlic, cayenne, cinnamon, salt, and black pepper. Rub the chicken with this mixture, coating all sides.
2. In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
3. Add the chicken, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for about 4 minutes per side, turning once. Monitor the heat, as the spices will burn if it's too high. Add 1/2 cup of the broth, cover, and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken from the pan, add the cauliflower "rice" and any remaining spice mix, and stir in the remaining 1/2 cup broth. Place the chicken on top of the cauliflower. Cover and simmer on medium-low heat for about 15 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked.
5. When done, drizzle the lime juice over the chicken and top with the cilantro. Serve with the lime wedges.