Try this creative, delicious breakfast recipe today!
It may shock you that lard is now an acceptable fat to cook with but Dr. Mark Hyman explains that the key is sticking to whole foods; lard is always better to use than something man-made like shortening. Natural fats can also help squash hunger and speed up your metabolism, making your body feel comfortable to release stored fat. This breakfast taco recipe is easy, yummy, kid-friendly, and fun. It's packed with protein and vegetables, so you can enjoy this dish with zero guilt.
- 1 package smoked bacon
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/4 tbsp pork lard
- 1 diced sweet potato
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 diced red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Lay out bacon on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until bacon reaches desired level of crispiness.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tbsp of lard. Once lard is melted, add eggs and scramble.
3. Dice peppers, mushrooms, onion, and potato. Add remaining 1/4 tablespoon of lard to a separate skillet and sauté vegetables once lard is melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Lay out lettuce to form lettuce wraps. You can double up if necessary. Stuff each wrap with eggs and sautéed vegetables.
5. Slice avocado and chop bacon. Top each taco with sliced avocado and chopped bacon bits.