Swap traditional fries with this healthier alternative.| By Ulli Stachl
If you want to trade in traditional French fries for a healthy alternative, give parsnip fries a try. Naturally sweet and full of fiber, this root vegetable offers 22 percent of your recommended daily amount of folic acid. Paired with heart-healthy olive oil and some simple seasonings, you can make this dish in no time!
- 2 lbs parsnip roots, peeled and cut into fry shapes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp salt or more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450°.
2. In a large bowl toss the parsnip stick with the oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
3. Arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet, you might have to do this in batches, depending on the size of your baking sheet.
4. Bake in the middle of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and serve.