Indulge in French fries without the guilt with this recipe.| By Ulli Stachl
Taro is a root vegetable that has three times more fiber and nutrition as a regular potato. Try making fries with this recipe by swapping spuds for taro and see if you can tell the difference.
- 2 lbs taro root, peeled, cut into fries
- 3 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. In a large bowl toss the fries with grape seed oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Spread on a baking sheet in a single layer (you might have to do this in batches) and bake 20 to 25 minutes until fries begin to brown a bit on the edges.
4. If desired, toss with the sesame oil before serving and adjust seasoning.