Paprika Jicama Fries
Spice up your side dishes with this French fry alternative recipe.| By Ulli Stachl
Jicama is a root vegetable like a potato. But unlike a potato, jicama is half the calories, half the carbs, and way better for your heart. Plus, it has a lot of fiber to keep your digestive system up and running. Give this French fry recipe a try as a healthier starch swap.
- 2 lbs jicama, peeled and cut into fries
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. In a large bowl toss the fries with oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Spread on a baking sheet in a single layer (you might have to do this in batches) and bake 30 to 35 minutes until fries begin to brown.
4. Mix with smoked paprika while still hot and serve.