Bob Harper's Ground Chicken Bolognese
This recipe is the perfect addition to a healthy carb for nutritious dinner!| By Bob Harper
Trainer and fitness guru Bob Harper agrees with several other nutritionists that carbs are back - if you do them right. This chicken bolognese is protein-packed and delicious. For dinner, pour it over one of Harper's favorites: high-fiber spelt pasta, antioxidant-rich sorghum pasta, or protein-packed quinoa pasta; you can't lose! If you really want to cut carbs, it'll also taste great over some homemade zucchini noodles!
From The Super Carb Diet: Shed Pounds, Build Strength, Eat Real Food by Bob Harper
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 oz carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Sauté garlic, carrot, celery, and onion until tender.
3. Add ground chicken, seasoning, and tomato. Cook until meat is brown.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over pasta of your choice, zucchini noodles, or brown rice (not included in calorie count). Enjoy!