Walnut, Cocoa, and Black Bean Fat Bombs
These chocolate snacks are the perfect recipe when you're craving a treat.| By Ulli Stachl
Healthy fats are more helpful than sugar when it comes to boosting your energy. Additionally, healthy fats have been shown to improve your brain health and fight against Alzheimer's. Swap your usual candy or cupcake for these delicious fat bombs as a mid-day treat.
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp pure cocoa powder, plus more for coating if desired
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tbsp ghee
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
2. Transfer mixture to a bowl and refrigerate for about an hour to firm up.
3. Portion out into about 1-inch diameter balls, roll in the extra cocoa powder if desired. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.