Pea Pasta With Roasted Butternut Squash Sauce
This veggie sauce is perfect for pairing with your favorite low-carb pea pasta recipe.
If you are trying to maintain a healthy diet but are craving a rich and comforting bowl of pasta, try Chef Roblé Ali's reimagined, veggie-packed recipe. This dish is high in protein and fiber to fuel your day and keep you satisfied.
- 16 oz diced butternut squash
- 4 oz carrot sticks
- 2 oz slice Vidalia onion
- 4 oz celery sticks
- 1 oz whole garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 oz tomato paste
- 1 oz maple syrup or raw honey
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 lb pea pasta
1. Place all vegetables and garlic into a large mixing bowl. Coat with olive oil. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
2. Place the seasoned vegetables on a foil-lined sheet tray. Roast in a 400° oven for 30 minutes.
3. Place all of the warm roasted veggies into a pot. Add 1qt of vegetable stock. Cover pot and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
4. Place the contents of the pot, the tomato paste, goat cheese and maple syrup in the blender and purée until smooth.
5. Transfer the contents of the blender into an amply sized bowl and fold in parsley. Serve with the pea pasta.