Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
This one-pot recipe will fill you up and satisfy your Tex-Mex cravings after a long day at the office.
When it comes to fixing a high-quality, home-cooked meal on days that you have a jam-packed schedule, slow cookers are your go-to tool. Before scampering out of your house to beat morning rush hour, toss the few ingredients of this chicken fajita recipe into the pot, and you'll be sure to have a perfectly cooked dinner by the time you get home. Bonus: this recipe has fewer carbs than a typical fajita dish just by ditching the tortilla.
- 2 frozen chicken breasts
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cumin, to taste
- chili powder, to taste
- oregano, to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup salsa, any type
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or butter lettuce leaves
1. Place the chicken in the slow cooker and season as desired.
2. Place onion and green bell pepper on and around the chicken.
3. Pour the salsa over the chicken.
4. Cover and cook on low for six to seven hours.
5. Serve over brown rice or wrapped in butter lettuce leaves.