Tiffani Thiessen's Turkey Meatloaf
This turkey meatloaf recipe will satisfy your cravings for comfort food without sabotaging your diet.
When it comes to dinner recipes that the whole family will enjoy, Tiffani Thiessen knows a thing or two about comfort food. This turkey meatloaf recipe is as versatile as it is healthy. Made with turkey instead of beef or pork and oats instead of breadcrumbs, you can enjoy this dish any night of the week -- guilt-free.
Recipe from Pull Up a Chair: Recipes from My Family to Yours by Tiffani Thiessen
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup, plus more for topping
- 1 1/2 tsp tomato paste
- hot sauce
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, under tender and fragrant, about 6 minutes. Let cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, oats, eggs, and Worcestershire, ketchup, and tomato paste. Season with a dash or two of the hot sauce (depending on how hot you like things), the salt, and a few cracks of pepper (again, to your liking). Add the cooled onion and combine the ingredients with your hands.
4. Transfer the meatloaf mixture to an 8x4 inch loaf pan. Press it down until the meat is flat and level. Top with as much ketchup as you like.
5. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a meat thermometer registers 165°F. Let cool for 5 minutes.
6. Slice and serve with honey roasted carrots and parsnips.