Suzanne Ryan's Twice-Baked Cauliflower Casserole
Try Suzanne Ryan's warming keto casserole recipe to keep you feeling cozy all winter long.
This cauliflower recipe is not only perfect for keto dieters but it's also great for anyone who wants some healthy and delicious comfort food. Whip up this low-carb and low-calorie dish and indulge in a flavorful home-cooked meal.
Recipe and image from Simply Keto: A Practical Approach to Health & Weight Loss by Suzanne Ryan
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, extra for garnish
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 1 or 2 cloves of garlic pressed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. If using precooked bacon, allow to cool then chop. If using fresh bacon, fry bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. Transfer to a paper towel-lined dish, allow to cool, and then chop.
2. Core cauliflower and chop the florets into small pieces.
3. In a large pot of boiling salted water, boil cauliflower until soft. 15 to 18 minutes for chunkier texture or 20 to 22 minutes for super-smooth texture.
4. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, green onions, garlic powder, and two-thirds of the bacon.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Drain cauliflower well and pour cauliflower over cream cheese mixture into the bowl. Mash with a potato masher or whisk until the constistency of your liking. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Spread the cauliflower mixture evenly in an 8-inch square casserole dish. Top with cheddar cheese and remaining bacon.
8. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until cheese is melted. Garnish with chopped green onions before serving.