Grace Ramirez's Cauliflower Rice Paella
This cauliflower rice paella recipe is so delicious, you'll forget about regular rice altogether.
While cauliflower rice is not traditional rice, when cooked the right way, it can still be just as flavorful and delicious. Not only is this dish packed with rich flavors and protein-packed seafood, but it is also low in calories and carbs. The next time you seafood lovers want to indulge in a guilt-free dinner, prepare this unforgettably tasty meal.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup red bell peppers, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- pinch of saffron threads
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 12 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 squid, cleaned and sliced into rings
- 5 cups cauliflower rice
- fresh parsley
1. Crush saffron threads and steep them in two tablespoons of warm water.
2. Season shrimp with salt, black pepper, and lemon juice.
3. Heat olive oil on medium cast iron skillet and cook the shrimp for two minutes.
4. Remove from pan and reserve.
5. Add red bell peppers to the same pan and cook for 4 minutes, until soft.
6. Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. (Reserve some of the red bell pepper to top paella).
7. Season squid with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Toss well and add to pan. Cook for two more minutes.
8. Deglaze pan with the saffron water and add tomato paste, sweet paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well and add cauliflower rice. Mix everything until all cauliflower is coated and changes colors.
9. Arrange shrimp on top of the paella along with reserved peppers. Cover with foil and cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let it rest for 3 more minutes.
10. Serve with fresh parsley and lemon slices.