Jazz Smollett's Curry Chicken and Cauliflower Rice
Indulge in Jazz Smollett's spicy, savory, and low-carb recipe.
Spice up your day with this flavorful dish. Once you experience all the flavors and spices, you will never want to go back to a traditional chicken and rice dish. Low in carbs and rich in flavor, this dish is perfect whenever you are craving a filling but healthy meal.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 1 1/5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- sea salt to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 2 1/2 tbsp mild yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 inch fresh ginger knob, peeled and halved
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 6 cups cauliflower rice
1. Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon salt. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large, high-sided pan.
2. Add the chicken, onion, granulated garlic, turmeric, curry powder, coriander, cayenne, ginger halves, and 1 ½ teaspoons salt and saute, stirring often, until the chicken is cooked through, 6 minutes. Add the peas and cook until they defrost, about 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the cauliflower rice and fold the mixture together. As soon as the cauliflower is warmed through, remove from the heat and serve.