Celebrate the holidays with this seasonal recipe.
Traditional eggnog has around 343 calories but this recipe has less than half of that. The dip in calories is because this recipe swaps out heavy cream for ripened bananas.
Recipe from Lucas Robinson, Beverage Director for Catch Hospitality
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 6 oz freshly juiced pineapple juice (not from concentrate)
- 2 oz fresh pressed lime juice
- 6 oz coconut rum
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- nutmeg, for garnish
- cinnamon, for garnish
- 2 cinnamon sticks
1. Over-ripen the bananas, then freeze bananas and pineapple.
2. Blend frozen fruit, pineapple juice, lime juice, rum, ice, and vanilla extract.
3. Shave nutmeg on top and sprinkle cinnamon. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.