This fruity drink recipe will help you feel your best during the holidays.
As board-certified emergency room physician Dr. Sampson Davis explains, the holidays can cause all sorts of health issues, due to the cold weather, stress, overeating, extra drinking and all around hectic days. The gallbladder (which is often ignored) can be negatively impacted by a diet rich in fatty foods. When your gallbladder is under attack, you may notice abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and chills. If left untreated, you can even develop painful gallstones. Try this persimmon punch, which is loaded with vitamin C, to help reduce the risk of gallbladder disease and boost your immunity at the same time.
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger, sliced thin
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup agave
- 1 cup dried persimmons, sliced
1. In a pot, combine the water, ginger, and cinnamon and let simmer for 1/2 hour.
2. Remove from heat and strain the liquid. Stir in the agave and persimmons.
3. Cool and let sit in the refrigerator overnight. Served chilled.